A Concert at Daxong Falls(Part II)


I have heard the roar of seas, the depth of the forests, the breeze of the hills. I became silent in front of midnight and listened to its meditation; I remember the symphony of the dry leaves of a lonely roadside jungle and the burble of a river flow, which sounded like the anklets of a dancing little girl. I roamed within the lap of the Nature and emerged within its sounds. And then there was the Daxong Falls, who compiled all of these sounds in such a manner that it created a vibrant melody. After reaching there we needed to go down, way down to experience Him. As we were going down the stairs and reaching for the falls, I felt a gradual loss of my egos. It was good actually. A sincere Pranati is always better than a fake humility.

Finally I was standing in front of it, where the Kanchi River jumped off a 144ft high cliff. I was facing another raw and glorious face of Mother Nature. Though it looked like a falls, it seemed something else to me at first. The Kanchi was jumping off the cliff in several streams. Every stream seemed to generate different sounds and all of them combined to create a great symphony. Firoz bhai got busy with his mobile camera as I sat there on a rock and became one. I was spellbound as I continued to listen to them. I needed neither to concentrate nor to think about something else. The whole environment around me was a stage and I sat there as an audience. I felt lucky to recognize the concert as the people around me were busy taking selfies. It’s true that Mother Nature works in the most mysterious way and sprinkles Her grace over the unprepared ones. I was so not prepared for such thing there. I was only concerned about getting its water for my upcoming Basanti Puja, and She sprinkled her grace in form of an ever generating music. But I was not alone. I saw a girl of age around 11 sitting on a rock, just like me. She was also still and watching the falls, may be listening to it too. Once I looked around to find out whether she was alone or not. But I found none interested in calling her away from her stillness. It was good to know that I was not the only one there who had found out that grand concert.
More I sat there, more I get to realize some of the notes echoing from the falls. At first it was just a rough outline; may be Bhairav or Puriya; it could be Lalit also. Some notes were so clear like, S G P D. Then what? It was like a riddle to me. It was a Raga and I had to identify it. I guessed several times; Lalit, Puriya Dhanashree, pure Bhairav, many such names flashed. But I was not satisfied at all. It wasn’t a regular Raga. It was something else, something deep. Why was I searching in shallow waters when I could dive deep? It was like a maze of notes. Swaras were all around me and I was searching for the right one. As I was moving deeper into the maze the notes were deepened. Not only the falls, all the five great elements within and around me were in a resonance with the symphony of the falls. I was being dissolved in the universe around me and the universe was Bibhas. That was the final answer, Raga Bibhas. Without breaking the melodious flow I joined the concert. I got bored being an audience; with my almost inaudible voice I joined the universe around me with
“আজি প্রনমি তোমারে চলিব নাথ সংসার কাজে ”
My voice got dissolved within that grand musical environment. Sitting on a rock beside the Daxong, I became one. I became His co-musician. 
(to be continued . . .)

মন্তব্যসমূহ

এই ব্লগটি থেকে জনপ্রিয় পোস্টগুলি

শ্রী শ্রী মনসা

কুরুক্ষেত্র গল্প না ইতিহাস?

শ্রী শ্রী মৎস্য বারাহী (পর্ব ১)