A Concert at Daxong Falls(Part I)



It was a March and we had to march to a waterfall to collect its water for Basanti Puja. For the first time in life I got the opportunity to perform the complete Basanti Puja of my own and all I wanted is to be just perfect in every aspects as much as possible. That’s a separate story though it gave me many chances to do crazy things such as going into the wild in search of wild boars, visit bullfights and much. One of these was my trip to Daxong Falls. I needed the falls water for Devi’s Ashtakalas Mahasnan and was thinking to visit a fall nearby. At this time Firoz Bhai showed me up some of the snaps of Daxong as he recently visited there. Instantly we made up a plan and on a fine weekday, when both of my parents were busy with their works we set our path to the Daxong Falls.


The word Daxong means the act of pouring water. It was spring and on our way we experienced another beautiful face of my hometown Purulia. On both sides of the roads the dry earth was decorated with hundreds of Palash trees in full bloom. It looked like blazing flames in the fields which were burning the dry fields and reaching for the skies with the blood of the earth as its havi. The bloomed trees were like the blazing Ahitagni and the fields prepared the samidh-sajja for that grand fire ritual. The hills stood like the Udgata Rshis who were constantly generating the inaudible saama mantras. And the resonance of the mantras was vibrating the breeze of the spring to flood the fields with that cosmic vibration. O Purulia, the dry one! I bow down to you and your cosmic yagnashala where you absorb the solar heat at the fullest for your everlasting Cosmic Fire Rituals. I bow down to the hills in you, who lit this fire and protect it till the end. And I thank you for choosing me as your inhabitant and give me the honor to experience The Nitya-Homam which you possess. You don’t need to be green all the time. Your dryness is your beauty; your stones are your reality. 


Moving along we crossed the borders of Bengal and entered Jharkhand. We had to move towards Ranchi. I was waiting to reach the falls but was also enjoying the way to it. Sometimes we relish our way so much that we forget about our destination. I was thinking whether it’s right or not to enjoy the way too much and fell asleep.
(to be continued . . .)

মন্তব্যসমূহ

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন

এই ব্লগটি থেকে জনপ্রিয় পোস্টগুলি

শ্রী শ্রী মনসা

কুরুক্ষেত্র গল্প না ইতিহাস?

শ্রী শ্রী মৎস্য বারাহী (পর্ব ১)